John is currently a non-executive director, consultant, shareholder and investor with Waterlogic International and runs his own consultancy business.
Before entering the watercooler industry, John worked for Mars Confectionery, Allied Domecq before joining Nestlé Water Coolers in 1990. John set up his own company, First Choice Water Coolers in 1997, which was acquired by Nestlé (UK) in 2000, with John as Managing Director of the combined business. The company grew from 8,500 coolers to 100,000 coolers in three years by way of organic growth and acquisitions to become the UK market leader.
In December 2003, John left Nestlé to create a new major UK watercooler company, Angel Springs. Following a period of sustained growth, today as part of Waterlogic the UK business has around 200,000 point of use and bottled water coolers and is the clear market leader.
John was Chairman of the British Water Cooler Association from 2000 until 2017, and also served as Vice Chairman and Chairman of Watercoolers Europe from 2010 to 2016. John is also an honorary life member of Watercoolers Europe.
Although the term “M&A” is always shown as one, it could be argued that acquiring and merging businesses are in fact separate activities. This and many other questions will be open for debate. Delegates will be invited to join in and share their knowledge and experiences. Some of the topics up for debate are:
Selling Your Business
If you are thinking about a potential sale in the future, what things might you be thinking about?
- Reasons for selling
- Market activity
- Business valuation
- M&A, is this the best way to grow your business?
- Does your business have an M&A strategy? Do you need an M&A strategy?
- How does buying a business impact on the integration process?
- Is an acquisition/sale strategic or tactical?
- How do you plan for integration?
- How important is IT/software/data to a successful integration?
- How important are people to a successful integration and the successful operation of the merged businesses?
- What is your measure of success (M&A and sale)
Whether you are interested in buying or selling, this workshop will be both interesting and thought provoking. Although time is limited, this interactive workshop will touch on all the salient points so vital to selling your company or acquiring another.